Blogger Templates

Friday, March 2, 2012

My Life, As A Kindergarten Teacher

7.15 am
Alrightttttt this is the time that I usually wake up
So early right :( I know

8.00 am
Around this time I'll be in the kindergarten itself starting my day :)

8.00 - 9.00 am
This is the time that I conduct the Peter and Jane reading session
It brings back a lot of memories back then right? :)
I'll track the students progress, write down what words they can't read and etc..
Some of them are really good readers and some not so. Those who could not really read the words have to repeat reading the same page the following day.

9.10 - 9.15 am
CIRCLE TIME
Yeah It's the time the children go downstairs to sing nursery rhymes like twinkle twinkle little star, Mary had a little lamb and etc..
Damn I'm turning 20 and STILL singing these songs ==

9.15 - 11.55 am
This is when classes begin.
There are 5 classes in the kindergarten namely Pre-nursery (3 year olds), Nursery (4 year olds), K1 (lower level 5 year olds), K2 (higher level 5 year olds) and K3 (6 year olds)
The class that I HATE going into is the Pre-nursery class. It's really more like baby-sitting them. All they wanna do is colour and NOTHING ELSE
It's just so boring
Ohh yeah, I teach English btw :)

11.55 - 2.00 pm
Some of the students will go back at 12 and some will go back at 2 or 5 pm
So, those who goes back at 2 or 5 pm will eat their lunches at this time and then after, they will go and shower.
This is the time that I eat too :)
One of the perks of being a kindergarten teacher is that I get to eat for free :)
Usually after their shower, I'll be in charge of arts and crafts and sometimes English lessons

2.00 - 3.00 pm
At this time, most of the students have gone back already those who stays until 5 pm will usually take their naps at this time so the place is pretty empty after 2.
This is when I do my daily reports and sharpened all the pencils and colour pencils

3.00 pm
Yeah! The best time of the day :)
The time that my shift is over!!!


Ohh yeah, did I tell you guys??? I got another tuition gig on every Tuesday RM3O/hour baybeee :))))))))))))))))))

Alright, I think that's all for today from me
Good night people :)

1 comment:

  1. OMGOSHH! sounds fun to meeee! but I know how's like to handle kids. their voices! "teacher Wendy (x10000)" non-stop.. but I'm glad you're having tonnes of fun! and the tuition job. walao whey.. I want. hahahaha! :P take care yoooo!

    ReplyDelete